Monday, April 5, 2010

.:. El Blogo Posto numero uno .:.

Hola!
I am new around here and feeling slightly shy about stepping out from the shadows of being a blog follower and into the bright, blinding lights of being a blog publisher. So, I've decided that the best way to start is to jump right in and join my favourite meme which runs over at Meet Me at Mikes (lots of lovely/awesome/talented/fancy people join in on this one every week). But before I sign off on this, my first ever "el rondielle" blog post, I would like to leave the following message for anyone who may read this post, whether it be by chance or by choice...

hola to you!
You are my favourite!
Treat yourself to a nice cup of tea and a sweet biscuit because you have certainly made my day!
I hope you come and visit me again soon!

Anyhoo, that's enough over-use of exclamation marks for the day. Here are my five faves ...

1. Easter eggs: I don't know what's wrong with me, but for some reason Easter egg chocolate tastes better than any other sort. I'm fairly sure that a true chocolate expert would argue that it's the cheapest, crappiest chocolate around but I can't.get.enough. As soon as the stuff comes out in the supermarket the day after Christmas (ridiculous yes?), it finds its way into my trolley every time I go shopping. Maybe it's also the pretty colours and cute/odd designs on the packaging which adds to the appeal. Either way I'm hooked. Yum.


2. Long weekend: Friends, family, food, laziness, craftiness, movies, sleep-ins, endless cups of tea and most importantly- no icky work!

3. El Miguel: After being mauled by a local cat, Miguel has been on home detention (much to his chagrin). The upside to this is I get to keep him inside all to myself and hug him constantly.


4. Rice with Sirena soy and ginger tuna: Easy.delicious.

5. Old Little Golden Books: My mum and my lovely aunties saved these for me whilst cleaning out my Grandpa's house (We miss you Papa!).I love the the old musty smell, the beautiful illustrations and familiar stories within them. I also love that some of them have scribbles and writing throughout them. Makes me all giddy and nostalgic.

.:. Rondy x

P.S Yay- first post down!

12 comments:

Mandy said... [Reply to comment]

There is nothing like that first bite into an easter egg is there? I love it. But I am a bit particular about the type of chocolate it is. I love going to the shops to buy bags of broken eggs after easter. They don't sell them any more so much like they used to when I was little. Mum would hide the bag in her cupboard. Not very well mind you! lol

& yes golden books are the best. I recently unearthed mine too. Love 'em.

melissa said... [Reply to comment]

Hello! Nice to meet you.

I love the photo of your cat - very cool!

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Mandy and Melissa, it is lovely to meet you both and you certainly made my day.

After coming home from a fairly stressful day at work, I was hoping to log on & find that maybe someone had stumbled across my new blog and read my post in passing. So imagine my surprise when not 1 but 2 lovely people had not only read my post but left me comments to boot!

It was at this point I let out a slight squeal.... (a bit dorky, yes?)

Anyway, thanks again and I hope I see you around here again some time!

maybenextweek said... [Reply to comment]

Hola Rondy!

Welcome to blogland! It's a pretty fun place.
I like your faves, and I love your cat! I hope he's on the mend!

PS - love your banner!

obscene_pickle said... [Reply to comment]

Oh poor Miguel! Hope he gets better quick.

pamlaranne said... [Reply to comment]

Hello darling MWWWAH cool blog, i soo remember the 3 owls.

XXX

Bianca J said... [Reply to comment]

That was an incredible answer (re: David Bowie). If I don't draw your name out I think I might have to send you a bunch of complimentary postcards for your wonderfully creative answer. And such a cute blog! I look forward to future Rondy posts! :) (I recited your answer to my housemate and he said it basically mirrored what he would write in a postcard to Bowie).

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@maybenextweek
Thanks, I am certainly feeling welcome now :)
Miguel the cat is much better, back to prancing around the neighbourhood and sleazing up to passers by.

Thanks for the banner comment. I just popped over and peeped at your lovely blog and may I say that your banner also rocks. Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you around these parts again some time.

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@obscene_pickle
Well ahoy there Obscene Pickle!

Miguel has recovered, my bank balance hasn't :( (evil vet bill) Yes, young Miguel is back to his mischievous ways...stay tuned...

Nice to meet you :)

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@Bianca J
Why thank you Miss Bianca :)
Nice to know that my super Bowie crush is appreciated by someone (yes, some so called 'friends' of mine have ridiculed my enthusiasm for the lycra clad, Electro-Mullet wig wearing Bowie)...

Yip! I am very excited about the big postcard draw, I do love them to bits! Double Yip that you like my blog so far, I hope you will come back and visit again soon. Your blog is one of my most favourites:) Oh and it sounds like you have an outstanding housemate, such impeccable taste he has!

P.S I must say that you have exceptional taste in music!

gracia said... [Reply to comment]

"Miguel has been on home detention (much to his chagrin)"... how perfectly put. Chagrin is a word not used nearly enough.

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@gracia

Hi Gracia, I very much agree, 'chagrin' should certainly be used more often. I'm a bit of a fan of words in general and there are so many of them that don't get used nearly enough...such as 'pontificate' now that is a handsome word. Let's start a new trend!

P.S Your artwork is beautiful, you just got yourself a new follower :)

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)