Monday, April 12, 2010

.:. One of 'those' days .:.

hola!

So I meant to publish my second post yesterday but I was having one of those days. You know the ones. Those days when there is just 'something in the air'. Those days when you lose your mojo. Those days that have bad juju... Those days that just don't quite cut it. Well, that was my day yesterday. The day started out fairly innocuously, even positively I guess. I woke up at a reasonable hour, the sun was shining through the blinds and I got out of bed feeling fairly chipper. That's where the fun ended...  Here are a few of the less than awesome events that transpired throughout the day:

1. Went to do some laundry for the upcoming week. Found a dirty great big cockroach in my washing machine. Tried to get it out using a long stick but it scuttled into the lint filter. Filled the machine up with hot water and bleach and started the mega cycle. Then had to fish the filthy, floating carcass out of the machine,  and dispose of it whilst trying not to vom.  

2. Opened the bedroom window to let the fresh Sunday air circulate through my flat. A massive, lethargic blowfly buzzes in through the open window. Chased said flying filth-monger around for 5 minutes, in an attempt to shoo it out. Plan backfired when the fly flew smack bang into my left eyebrow, then proceeded to get stuck in my hair...Yes, arm flailing followed. 

3. I baked a key lime pie to take to friend's place for dinner (super easy recipe). I burned the pie crust. The burned crust then crumbled when I removed it from the pie tin. When attempting to cover the pie with plastic wrap to cool in fridge, the filling of the pie got stuck to the plastic wrap, leaving the pie looking like something that should be featured on Cake Wrecks (side note- I love the Cake Wrecks blog, you should check it out).          

Anyway, I could go on about how lame my Sunday was, but this is only my second blog post and I don't want to admit leave the impression that I'm a complete whinger and, as my mum would say, "worse things have happened at sea".....indeed. Well, this post isn't really what I had in mind but it'll have to do for now. I had intended to write about the resin bangle/ring making workshop that I went to on Saturday, but I'll leave that for next post because I didn't get my act together. Instead I've decided to post a few pictures of the goody bags I made for Easter (I'm a bit slow yes?).

        

                           
      


That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by muchachos!

x
.:. Rondy   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)