Sunday, May 16, 2010

.:. 8 x 8 .:.

Hola...





Yip! I've been tagged by Gemma at Kaotic Kraft Kuties to partake in some photo sharing bloggery. In honour of Gemma's admission to not playing entirely by the 'rules' of the photo sharing challenge, I thought I should also admit to semi-cheating. The thing is, I store all of my photos in 'iPhoto'. I am fairly lazy by nature thus (until today) my photos weren't in separate folders, they were just kind of dumped in a big, messy, electronic pile.

So, not only did I get the warm fuzzies from being included in my first 'blog game'* with a bunch of my favourite bloggers, I also got the kick in the bum I needed to sort out my photos and pop them into neatly categorised folders. So above is the 8th photo in my newly created 8th folder.

The photo story...
The photo itself is a bit bizarre. Firstly, it's a photo of a photo from my 6th birthday party. Recently while at my mum's house I sifted through a bunch of shoe boxes full of old family photos that were found at my Grandfather's house after he passed away. I came across a lot of photos of me when I was a kid, that I had never seen. I took some shots of my favourite happy snaps using my iPhone (so please excuse the quality), the above being one of them.

I think the funniest thing about this photo is the clothes I'm wearing. Check out the massive sailor collar on my dress. I am clearly wearing an ensemble lovingly knitted and sewn by my Nan, who lived to dress me up in girly frocks and scratchy cardigans. My parents were quite young when I was born and they were big hippies to boot, so I had a fairly free-spirited, 'make it up as you go along' type of childhood. 

Most of my time was spent wearing overalls and Bubblegummers, making mud pies, sneaking salty cat biscuits from the cat's bowl and getting lollies and lego stuck in my ratty, knotty hair.  You can actually see a couple of bruises on my legs in this photo- they were a permanent style accessory for me. Poor Nan, she tried so hard to encourage me into becoming the sweet and mild child you see in the above picture. It never lasted long. I much preferred to be nude and muddy.    

Yikes, talk about a trip down memory lane. That was a whole bucketful of fun! So much fun that everyone should join in. Here are the details which I have stolen respectfully appropriated from Gemma (via Pip I think):



The game rules ::


The Tag game goes as follows:


Go to the 8th folder in which you store your photos


Select the 8th photo
Post it to your blog and tell the story behind it.
After following the above instructions, you are ‘supposed’ to tag 8 other bloggers.


I haven't really made 8 'blog friends' yet so I'm going to cheat again and tag 5 of my lovely followers that have blogs + my best friend who has just started a blog:

.:. Bianca from Goodnight Little Spoon
.:. Jennifer from Stationary Addicted
.:. Joana from Ecologic Storyteller

Those tagged, don't feel obliged to join in if it's not your thing or if you just don't wanna!
Thanks to Gemma for tagging me and thanks to everyone who stops by to read this post, I hope you all had a positively boss weekend.

x
.:. Rondy .:.

*yes, I'm a dork, I used the term 'blog game'

6 comments:

paintergirl said... [Reply to comment]

oh! bless! bruises as accessories! <3

Katyha said... [Reply to comment]

Hey Rondy, found you through Bianca. Tell me, do you speak Spanish?

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@Katyha
Hi there Katyha!
Thanks for visiting. In answer to your question....si, un poquito, yo soy estudiante de español. Mi novio es equatoriano. Or, in English yes, a little bit. I am learning spanish and my boyfriend is from Ecuador, South America. Do you speak spanish? Just had a look at your blog, your photos are very beautiful.

Joana G. said... [Reply to comment]

Thank you for tagging me. I will get into this game in my next post which may come out today or tomorrow, I'll let you know about it. I think it is a great idea, I like random things, first when I saw your photo I thought it would be just about old photos (childhood photos) but I was wrong... and I don't remember most of the stories from my photos, just a few, I went to see who tagged you and Is aw that everything is possible. I'm excited to go to my laptop and see each photo will win =)

Much love,
Joana

Joana G. said... [Reply to comment]

By the way I see you have "[Reply to comment]" how do you get it?

letitburn said... [Reply to comment]

I shall join in this blog game in the same manner I joined in the stealing of delicious salty cat biscuits!

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)