Thursday, September 23, 2010

.:. Impromptu Laksa Review .:.

Hola!


On Thursday last week, my good friend T-dog and I stayed back at work a little later than usual(blergh!). As Moof wasn't going to be home for dinner that night I suggested to T-dog that we grab dinner before retreating to our respective habitats. So we did what all good iPhone-toting tossers do these days and jumped on the 'Urbanspoon' app to find a suitable eating hole. We chose Malaysian as the flavour of the night which saw us schlepping our way down Elizabeth Street to 'Big Coconut House'. It turned out to be well worth the schlepping, because the food was yummo.         
I'd describe the place as a Malaysian style diner of sorts. It's a bustling, order and pay at the counter, sticky tabled, friendly kinda joint. Here are a couple of dodgy phone photos of the Vegetarian Laksa I had which was accompanied by an Iced Lychee drink.




You may have noticed the sneaky fishcake slices in my 'Vegetarian' Laksa...I couldn't help myself, I'm a sucker for those rubbery, ocean scented strips of goodness!

Anyway, I digress, the Laksa was pretty tasty. I loved the oily, caramelised eggplant and the fresh baby spinach which balanced out the coconutty richness . The Iced Lychee drink was A-M-A-ZING, slightly sweet and complete with yummy canned Lychees and fresh, crunchy ice. It was so refreshing. 

I didn't take any photos of T-dog's meal, mainly because he ordered some pork monstrosity (he liked it). Actually there was so much meat on the menu, pretty much the only vegetarian option was the Laksa.  T-dog ordered this weird coconut and Jam Toast with butter. It looked really odd but he said it rocked his world.

The reason I wanted to share this random culinary adventure is because it really made my week. Usually on a work night I'll drag myself home, hop into my pyjamas and collapse on the couch until Moof nudges me awake and I shuffle wearily off to bed. Then of course I'm up again the next day to repeat the same, tired routine. So, I've decided that I'm going to try and get out more during the week just to break out of the Monday to Friday monotony. I'll try and post about my weekday adventures, that way I will have something to remind me to mix up my boring routines from time to time! How about you? Do you get out on 'school nights'? What fun adventures have you had during the week?

Thanks for stopping by!
x
.:. Rondy .:.

5 comments:

lina said... [Reply to comment]

laksa! i love having laksa parties : )

Bella said... [Reply to comment]

Just a quick post saying 'hey' and thanks for following my blog!
Yours is delightful!

mathew said... [Reply to comment]

Laska sounds awesome.
My friends and I got to village inn and order pie at midnight. It's the best thing to do after a concert.
By the way I really like your style of writing :)

(sweet) stephanie said... [Reply to comment]

Oh that looks so yummy. :]

Lillabilly said... [Reply to comment]

Mmmm, delish! This post is making me hungry! Anyway, I wasn't sure if I had already but if not, I just wanted to drop by and say "thanks!" for following my blog :) I really appreciate that! Now, I think I need to get something to eat!!

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)