Sunday, September 5, 2010

.:. Megan's Mix .:.

Hola!


I received a Mix CD from the first of my 2 partners in Bianca's Mix Share Swap. The lovely lass who sent me the mix pictured below is Megan from West Virginia, USA. I was super jazzed to find Megan's package waiting for me when I got home from work the other week, I may have squealed a little as I tore it open. Check it...



There are heaps of great tracks on the mix but my favourite by far is a cover of Cyndi Lauper's 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun' by Greg Laswell. I must have been living under a rock because I'd never heard it before and it is amazing. I'll preface this by saying that I've been uber-sensitive in the past week or so but... I kinda, almost cried a little when I heard it....lame!

In addition to that super track, there is also a couple of songs from a group called 'Scala and Kolacny Brothers' who Wikipedia informs me are actually a Belgian girls' choir. Megan has included 2 of their tracks, one being a cover of Coldplay's 'Yellow' and the other a cover of Damien Rice's 'The Blower's Daughter'. I'm keen to check out their other tracks and suggest you do the same if you haven't heard them. I see that they have also done covers of The Cure's 'Friday I'm in Love', 'Suzanne' by Leonard Cohen and   Bowie's 'Life on Mars' all of which I'm very interested to hear.

Included in Megan's package was a lovely little note saying hi and the cutest pack of whale note cards...love! Thanks so much Megan!! I'm not sure if Megan has a blog but if you do and if you are reading this send me a link and I'll pop by to say howdy sometime.

Well there you have it, this swap has been so much fun and I can't wait to do another one sometime soon. No doubt I'll receive my second mix shortly and I'll surely be back to share it with y'all.

.:. Rondy .:.

3 comments:

Bianca J said... [Reply to comment]

Aww, it makes me so happy to see happy posts from the swap! :D Megan's package looks totally gorgeous - I'm so glad you were the recipient of such a lovely mix and that it introduced you to some great new music! I hope you're feeling better than this past week. I've been feeling pretty similar. Take care S! :)

Mr Lonely said... [Reply to comment]

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Paula said... [Reply to comment]

I love your blog!

Have a nice time!
Paula

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)