Sunday, September 12, 2010

.:. The Moof Cooks .:.

Hola 

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but my lovely boyfriend 'Moof' is a chef by trade. I don't actually love cooking myself, I'm more of a baker, so I'm super lucky to have Moof around to slave over a hot stove pretty much every night. He always makes such delicious and simple meals so I thought I'd share a few with you. A warning to any lovely vegetarians and vegans out there: although we are not big meat eaters, and we are definitely friends of señor tofu, the pictures in this post include fish, red meat and poultry so look away now if you are likely to be offended!! Oh, and for those allergic, this post may contain traces of nuts...


Fresh Fish & Prawn Patties with Wasabi Mayo, Crunchy Spuds and Greens

 Fruit Salad (my first Mango of the season...ooh baby!), Cheese & Tomato Toastie

Salmon with par-boiled, pan fried lemon & herb Potatoes and greens

Dale:"What's this Darl'?" Sal:"Rissoles Darl'" Dale:"What are Rissoles Darl'?" Sal: "Oh, everyone makes Rissoles Darl'"- The Castle, 1997

Salmon with mash & carrot, pea and celery salad

Chicken Caesar Salad with homemade mayo and homemade croutons

Well, I do hope you enjoyed this little peak into Moof's kitchen. What do your meals look like? Do you like cooking? Does some lovely person cook for you sometimes? My favourite meal is Tacos...what's yours? Do let me know! Until then, thanks for stopping by.

x
.:. Rondy .:.
x

5 comments:

Bianca J said... [Reply to comment]

I laughed at your disclaimer at the start for vegetarians - very considerate! :D I am a vegetarian but I don't have a problem seeing meat and I can tell you, if I was a meat eater, those dishes look mighty fine! My boyfriend is the cook of the house too and I am so grateful. I definitely prefer baking and the most I can manage in terms of 'real' cooking is a pot of pasta once a week. I do eat fish though, however my boyfriend is a 'real' vegetarian and hates it when I cook it. I think I should out and buy some salmon steaks today. Yours look sooooo yarm!

Bianca J said... [Reply to comment]

Ps. Just wanted to say again how much I enjoy your blog :P

Eva said... [Reply to comment]

Your so lucky to have a chef for a boyfriend!! I love it when men can cook :)

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

The Nut said... [Reply to comment]

Your man sure can cook! He taught me how to make mayonnaise over the phone, haha! So glad you got you a man that will cook for you! Of course, Paul will cook me French Toast every once in a while. I love to cook! Just a little hard without my kitchen, I am having to build a new one. You should share recipes on your blog!

Karli said... [Reply to comment]

I would love the recipe for the greens and fish/prawn patties!! YUM!!!

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)