Wednesday, September 1, 2010

.:. Spring has sprung! .:.

Hola!
So, yikes...It's the first day of Spring(here in the Southern Hemisphere that is)and I wanted to kick the season off with a fresh start and some bright colours. I hope you dig my new blog banner, I drew it myself using these great 'Lyra Aquarelle' pencils that I bought from Mag Nation recently. I'm no artist but these pencils are super sweet. Speaking of super sweet things...it's Springtime!!! Here are just a few of the things I am looking forward to this Spring...

*click on the pretty pictures to go to the source*   

Picnic under the Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom trees blooming around the streets.
This is probably illegal or at the very least anti-social, but I'm totalling planning a midnight raid on a couple of Über-blossomed streets to steal some branches and put them in vases around the house...
picnic
Picnics in the park on days when it's not raining and the sun comes out to play...
It's been a while
The smell of Jasmine wafting through open windows and following me as I walk home from the tram stop in the evening...
light shadow inspiration
Dappled sunlight in the afternoon...
Let the wild rumpus begin.
Balloons...just for fun and because September is my birthday month

What are your favourite things about Spring? Do tell!

x
.:. Rondy .:.

5 comments:

Allana said... [Reply to comment]

i love your new banner - very cheerful spring! You have chosen great pics, very yummy! I love spring too, the smells, the new life, the sunshiny days and the promise of renewals. :)
PS. I would definitely nab some blossoms - they last for ages and are so, so pretty ;)

letitburn said... [Reply to comment]

The picnic in the picture looks a bit sparse on the food. Ours will contain much more cake and sammitches

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@Allana
Thanks for the feedback on my new banner Allana, I had a lot of fun making it. Aren't Spring smells just the best? :) I'm off to steal some blossom branches now!!

x

call me Rondy... said... [Reply to comment]

@letitburn
Agreed on the sparsity of food, definitely more sweets and 'sammies' required. Can't wait missy :D

Nicole Trundle said... [Reply to comment]

This is such a lovely post. You have such a wonerful blog, keep it up, and try not to forget about it, you have a great eye :)

http://thepowerandbeauty.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)