Monday, February 7, 2011

.:. A Book a Month .:.

Hola...


Oops, it's been a while since posts again, hasn't it? It has taken me quite a while to wind down and recover from the crazy festive season, so I have been in semi-hibernation mode for the last month!


During my self-imposed 'mini break' from the world I have found myself with plenty of time to sit and reflect on the year that was 2010. I'm probably coming to the 'New Year's Resolutions' blog post party a little late in the piece but I thought I'd share my hopes and goals for 2011 none the less. 


.:. Resolution #1- Read at least one book every month .:.

Well I have to say that I am off to a cracking start with this one, as I can (smugly) report that for the month of January I smashed through a whopping 3 books. Yep, I'm going Gangbusters kids! Now, the reasoning behind this particular resolution is that, whilst I love reading, I tend to do it rather sporadically. Not only am I inconsistent with my reading I am also very selective and have tended to limit book choices to Non-Fiction and Memoirs. So I went crazy and read 2 fiction books (I then quickly rewarded myself with a memoir just for good measure). Here are the books I read in January...         





I enjoyed all 3 of these books but I'd have to say that 'Room' by Emma Donoghue was my favourite. As soon as I finished it I felt slightly melancholy, like I had somehow befriended the characters in the book and they had deserted me unceremoniously. It was a bit bizarre. Have you ever felt the same after finishing a book? Have you read these books? Did you like them or did you hate them? Do tell!

Thanks for stopping by.

.:. Rondy .:.

1 comments:

Nani said... [Reply to comment]

I read the Slap! In fact, it was one of the first few books I read this year too. Yep, I liked it, but not as much as I expected given the hype it received.

I much prefer his book 'Loaded', I recommend it - though it's a bit full on. I have a friend that couldn't finish it!

Love Nani xx

Post a Comment

I love it when you say hi :)